twitter




Saturday, October 31, 2009

What to do about my neighbor and the property line.?

My neighbors are awful. They used to be my landlords, spent their $ on meth, %26 didn't pay their contract for deed. Land owner repossessed our portion %26 sold it to us last Wed. Neighbors disputed the property line between us, so I paid for a surveyor. The surveyor put the pin 10' into their driveway. Neighbor called the sheriff. I informed the sheriff that I did everything right, %26 I was putting up a fence asap. Neighbor would have to take me to court %26 prove my surveyor wrong according to the land office. Cop agreed.
These are nasty individuals. I frequently bring in my 6 year old because of the "f" word neighbor screams so much at his own kids. He is known to be a thief, and has 2 pending criminal cases in Superior Ct. I am putting up a fence to keep him out. Local ordinances say you can't put a fence within 25' of where the drive meets the road. I'm afraid if I don't put something near the pin, it will disappear. Should I put in a 3' tall post and run a string along line? Any ideas
Answers:
Given the nature of your neighbors, this circumstance demands that you at least consult with an attorney before doing anything so that you can get a complete understanding of what you legally can and can't do and what your neighbor can legitimately do in response.
The description you give tells me that the situation is very likely to escalate. As such, you must make sure that you follow the letter of the law step-by-step. Only an attorney licensed to practice law in your state is competent to give you that type of advice. Most attorneys are willing to do such a brief consultation at reasonable rates. In addition, if things go south, you will need an attorney ready to represent you if needed.
Get pre-paid legal. For about the cost of Sport illustrated every month, you can have a lawyer represent you for these things. Hicks call the cops, who really can't do anything any way. See how your neighbor likes to hear "My attorney will be in touch with you regarding this." If you do get sued, defense is included.
Eve n if you and your niebors hate each other,both of you still have to live there.(that is a f...up way to live).keep a good eye on your kid).
Scrap the fence idea and dig a trench!
The surveyor should have given you a drawing of the properties and the location of the boundary line. If he didn't I would suspect his work.
Can you afford to hire a fence company? Does the Landlord own the portion they are on? If the neighbor owns the land and not the landlord they could try to take the part of the land the driveway is on by adverse possession.
i have tons of evergreens that are 20+ ft. tall. If your ever in Chicago .I got some with ya name on em. Plant the trees so you don't have to look at his ugly face. Far as him dropping the "F" bomb..I'd purchase me a paint gun and pop em in the kisser every time I heard it. Who would ever expect a mom to do such a thing.heheee evil laugh ;)
Just make sure you know what exactly you can build up to and what your local shire requirements are. As they may only allow you to build within a certain height. We had a dividing fence issue with our neighbor who claimed we had damaged their fence during demolition of an old house...and building of a new one. They refused to pay half of the cost at first but came good at a later date.
Before hiring a contractor I had to call my council and get them to PDF me the local laws etc. Good luck, hopefully they choose to move out or sell.
If the fence is not an option, what does the ordinance say about a moat or alligators?
Just let him know how much the surveyor cost and that if the pin disappears you will have the surveyor come back out and have them bill him.
What does the ordinance say about landmines?
That could work.ahh drat, they got kids...oh well
Good luck.
that totally sucks. and it really pisses me off! cause theirs nothing you can do and theres nothing the police can do, and you got that crap waiting for you everytime your outside. pray that they hang themselves, i guess. i don't know maybe tell them a friend of yours needs a car and is willing to pay cash today, for their piece of crap, they'll take the money for dope thinking they're gonna turn it into bigger money,then you get rid of the car at bluebook, of course they'll do the dope, have no money and no car and they'll get forclosed on in two months or so. then they'll go away and you can stand there going, gosh that sucks, we're really going to miss you guys, better luck next time.
You should take pictures of where the surveyors mark is and where the property line goes.You should put up a steel post as a marker right on the line.You may be better off letting things cool down so the neighbor does not go nuts and hurt some one.Eventually he will be in jail and you can secure the border without altercation. Good luck.
1) measure the distance from the pin to an object nearby so, if he does move the pin you can just put it back when you need to.
2) apply some kind of dye or, paint to the ground where the pin is so, you can still see where it goes.
But, I wouldn't draw any more attention to that area by applying a post into the ground. Your neighbor sound's like a wacko.
Good luck,

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net