twitter




Saturday, October 24, 2009

What opressive gun laws are there?

Just asking because of a response I got from my last question.
Answers:
In my state, concealed carry is illegal. Now, I'm not all about every kook and criminal having the right to lug a gun around...but why can't I, as a sane adult with no criminal record , have (at least) a .22 in my purse, legally?
Over 22,000 of them.
While I didn't see your previous question, the politicians have taken it upon themselves to disarm the public in the name of "...if it saves one child..."
Since the police have no duty to protect individuals (only society at large), then it is incumbent on the individual to protect themselves. That cannot be done without the tools to do so.
". shall not be infringed..."
Calif Deputy
Washington DC bans handguns completely and if have a license to own a long gun it has to be kept unloaded, disassembled and locked up. You are required to get permission to transport it, even from one room in your house to another.
Does that sound oppressive enough?
Morton Grove IL has a complete ban on handguns. There are numerous restrictions on firearms through most of IL.
NY bans most types of semi-automatic rifles, referring to them erroneously as assault rifles.
However there are now 40 states that have "shall issue" concealed carry permits and many reciprocate that right with some other states.
I didn't see your last question but various states, mostly in the north east have rather stringent requirements for just purchasing a fire arm or transporting them. Far too many for my taste. Those same areas tend to also have higher crime that states with fewer restrictions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net