twitter




Saturday, October 31, 2009

What the law tells about the identification of an authority?

some authorities use to put under arrest without to show an id,or they brag to the humbles people or people without knowledge of the law without to show an id,to me an uniform is not an id,i can wear one too,but the badge or whatever i have suppost to see or i have the right to.
Answers:
The badge is part of the Uniform. Mine has to be worn visibly on the outermost garment I am wearing. I have an ID card issued by my department, but I have no responsibility to show it to anyone. The police uniform and my verbal identification is enough.
While you could wear a uniform, it is often illegal to do so unless you have the proper authority -- and most uniforms have some type of badge or insignia that is restricted.
Yes, it's a good idea to ask to see formal ID -- but even that can be faked if someone really wants to put the effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net