twitter




Saturday, October 31, 2009

What should I do, when my employer adjusts my time cards after I turn them in?


Answers:
You need to start making a copy of your time card. That way, you will have proof when this happens again. I used to do that at my old job. You are allowed to do this so don't let them bully you and tell you that you cannot.
Make photocopies. Turn them in to the labor dept. That is illegal. Pax- C
Call the Labor Board in you State.
report him/her, that is illegal
Sue him for sexual harrassment- watch him cave in like a puppy dog
That happened to me once. My manager would something deletes hours from my pay check. The thing i would do is go to the top boss. Hes just a manager so i want to the director and tell him whats going on and he fixed it and had a talk with the manager and that kind of thing never happened again
if it's to your benefit, thank him. if it's to your detriment, go tell his boss, or human resources.
My employer also does this - I will be watching for what you choose as best answer- thanks for asking
Keep your own records. Talk to the accounting person if there is one and follow the paper trail. I believe it is against the law, especially if you're being paid by the hour!
make a photocopy for your records, then ask to see your time card and confront him, then contact a labor lawyer.
Turn her or him in. If you have proff, you can go over that persons head and complain. Just make sure you have the proff.
If you get the same amount of hours, pay for the work done, then there shouldn't be a huge issue, but if he's stiffing you from pay and for work you actually and successfully did, then you may have something to think about: namely, quitting or reporting him or talking to him. Not sure, tough one because you're never sure if there is a valid reason behind it...talk to him first, check your state's (and federal) employment laws, and if something is still fishy, talk to a lawyer I guess.
Ask your employer how they would like them filled out so the adjustment is not necessary.of course only if they are going to let you take time off to make up for the extra hours or some other arrangement that is to your satisfaction. This is only if you want to remain employed there of course. Working sucks, but I DON'T do it for free.
You report it directly to the Board of Wages and Hours. I suggest you take pictures of the time card. If you can get previous time cards, photograph those as well. Take those photos with you when you file the report.
Use it to your advantage. Quietly make copies, get a few weeks of evidence so it's not just a one time accident. Keep duplicate copies at home. Then you will have him right where you want him. Most likely if he's the usual jerk of a boss, you'll want to let the labor board confront him..

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net