twitter




Saturday, October 31, 2009

What should I do now?

I am going through a custody battle that has lasted going on 3 years. I am living with my mom with my 3 kids because I cannot afford the rent in California. My ex is over $30,000 behind in support and the I am trying to move to Tennessee. He is fighting me and the court asked if I would settle if he paid his arrearages. I agreed to accept half. We went into an agreement that was supposed to be signed this month. The day before we went to court he said he will let me go to Tennessee. So we continued the case so we could come up with another deal. Now we dont go back for 4 months and I am BROKE! Today he said that he isnt letting us go to Tennessee. I feel like I am going to have a nervous break down if this doesn't end soon. He is playing me and the court system and getting away with it so far. Now I have no money for a lawyer and she had to drop me. He has two lawyers. I need to know what I can do.
Answers:
Until you iron out the differences, is public assistance not an option? I'm assuming that you can't leave the State with the children at this time but you can leave the locale meaning you can put some distance between you and the buggar. When others try to play hardball and it's not a balanced field, make it a maze.
The government (especially in Calif.) falls over backwards to help single moms w/ kids. You'll get by 'cause its your only option.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net