twitter




Saturday, October 31, 2009

What should I settle for?

I will soon be in a mediation case with my employer and it is a discrimination case. I want to know what would be a fair amount to settle with. I am not greedy I just want them to feel the way they made me feel. I also don't want to be outrageous with an amount, but then again they should have thought about that before they treated my like we were back in slavery days.
Answers:
I would think your attorney would suggest a sum that he feels is reasonable, or higher and then a bargaining point.
Good Luck
No details, so no way for any of us to know.
You should be discussing this with your attorney. You have given us no facts regarding the specifics of the discrimination you are claiming. Some types of discrimination are worse than others and should cost the employer more.
Um, it really depends on the details. I suggest you have an initial consultation with a lawyer to find out what the going rate is for this kind of thing. Then, if you want to negotiate yourself, shoot for 15-20% less.
I doubt they will come with any kind of offer. If they do, take whatever they offer plus your lawyers fees on top of that. Any kind of negotiation will make you look very bad in front of the judge and will clearly demonstrate your true intent. Stress on that any money you receive will be donated to the charitable causes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net