twitter




Saturday, October 24, 2009

What should i do about Fraud at work?

where i work they keep a book of write-ups for if/when we doing something wrong (if were over/under 3 dollars or more in our till, if theres a missing store receipt, et cetera et cetera). problem is that the managers dont get them to the supervisors very promptly, usually well after the associates should have signged.
well they finally showed me mine, and half of the ones for me were allready signed for by somebody else.
personally i think thats BS on a stick, and i want something to happen cause i know i'm not the only one where that happens. even if i did do the things the write-ups are for, somebody shouldnt be signing for me.
Answers:
Write a letter, well thought out and clear, indicating (without using finger pointing) that you did not sign some of those write ups. They were never discussed with you, and you request that they be removed from your file or at least that a notation that you did NOT sign the write ups be included in the file as well.
However, you can lose your job just for being a pain in the **** to your employers.
I had a problem once where I needed a letter to go out, but it could only go out after being "approved' by my supervisor. She changed it and was going to sign my name to it. I indicated that she was free to sign her own name for me (e.g. Jane Doe for Janet Smith) but I requested that she not sign my name.
Well, they got the letter back at a time where I was free, and the changes she had made had changed the letter to the point it was wrong.
I pointed this out and got it corrected and brought it to HER supervisor's attention -- I did not want my name going out on a document that I did not have "final approval" of.
Since then, I have had to stand my ground, and once or twice brought up this situation -- Never had a problem with it with my supervisors.
If someone is singing your name without permission it is forgery. Go to the police station and talk with them about it

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net