twitter




Saturday, October 31, 2009

What should I do?

I am in such a mess! I am living with my parents because I have gone through a divorce, we went bankrupt before our divorce, since then I have a huge pile of medical bills because my ex doesn't provide support or insurance for the kids, I have debts for lawyers because I have tried to enforce his support obligations though I obviously haven't been very successful, so my credit is really bad now. I cannot get a job because I have lost jobs due to being unable to pay daycare or having to leave to pick up my kids. My lawyer just dropped me because I can't pay her. I don't know where to turn and I am at wits end!!
Answers:
Where do you live? Some countries and states have better programs in place to help single mothers, such as with low-cost daycare, than do others.
Do NOT feel bad about living at home; thank goodness your parents are there to help you through this! Lowering your monthly bills that way will allow you to start slowly rebuilding your credit history. If your parents are amenable, consider getting a night job while the children are asleep at home (in their care) to build some equity.
Visit Consumer Credit Counseling Services, and they will give you some good, free advice on whether you can declare bankruptcy and how you can set up a debt-repayment schedule. Good luck.
You need to leave and start over. If you haven't yet done so, I suggest getting a college degree and moving to Canada. Your bankruptcy and credit rating won't mean a thing if you become a Canadian citizen.
If he was ordered to pay child support and ordered to have medical insurance on your children and hasn't I would contact your attorney general. They will put his happy butt in jail where he can rot for non payment or even take it from his paycheck before he even sees his paycheck. If they dont do anything the first time keep calling never leave them alone and they will finally get tired of you calling and do something about it.
my daughter was in a simular situation and we help her out..she gave us temporary custody of the kids and enlisted in the army..it was the best choice that could have made..she's out of debt and enjoys the military..only you can decide
Ok, start by taking a deep breath and let's look at this one point at a time.
You have filed bankruptcy and your credit is bad now. That's not a terrible thing for you right now, since bad credit means no credit cards, and credit card debt is the last thing you need.
You have insurance and attorney bills because your ex is not living up to his obligations. You could sue, but you have no money for a lawyer. I advise you to contact your county legal bar association or the state bar, who can put you in touch their legal aid society. These are attorneys who help people with little or no money (you seem to qualify) and they will get the necessary court orders. They can also pursue contempt proceedings against him if doesn't comply.
But this guy sounds like a dead beat, so don't hold your breath either way. What you need to try to do right now is find some kind of emplyment that you can work from home. Contact employment and temp agencies in your area and see what they have. You might be surprised.
The other possibility is, if you're parents are willing to help, is for you to work nights, while the kids are (hopefully) sleeping. This is will create a minimum problem for your parents and while you'll be sleeping during the day, the oldest two look like they'll be in school at least part of the time. This could work until you're back on your feet.
Good luck to you!
First thing is to focus and take stock of the situation.
You need to calm down and pull yourself together. Get to church and put in a prayer request for yourself that you can find employment. For now, look for part-time work, and leave the kids with the grandparents.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net