twitter




Saturday, October 24, 2009

What legal right do I have concerning my parents?

I'm 17. I'm considering emancipating myself from my parents. I no longer live with my parents, and im currently looking for a job. I know those two things are required before going to court. My father is an alcoholic and my mother is a convicted felon who has left my family 3 times. My parents have always neglected me and cant even make it without the assistance of my grandparents. Is there anyway my case could hold up in court? If so is there anyway I could just get a portion of my grandparents money back for them?
Answers:
i think you could get emanicpation easily cause if your parents still need help from the grandparents then they are not equipped to take care of you . Yes you should fare rather well . good luck .
You have my prayers. I am so proud of you for trying to improve your life instead of following in your parents footsteps. You should be able to emancipate yourself from your parents with the documentation of what you described.
Getting your grandparents money back is another issue. You can not sue your parents for that money. Your grandparents would have to sue for the money. They would have to prove it was an unpaid loan.
Good luck and God Bless!
I commend you for seeing things as they really are, and will remind you - no matter what others say, wisdom and age often have nothing to do with each other.
In other words, I believe you are more capable, much smarter, and have a much brighter future than your parents. Substance abuse freezes ones ability to emotionally grow, leading to reasons we see grown adults (and even seniors) acting like children.
The fact you're asking for help is a sign of strength - and I commend you for it. Your best option is the yellowpages and explaining your situation to a good lawyer with hopes one will take your case pro-bono (free)
There are also many teen hotlines available that will direct you to the right help. Stay persistant and you will succeed.
I have really very little to add.
In addition to the excellent advice that you have already received if you are still going to school speak to your. guidance counselor. You can also try legal aide.
Obviously you have a good relationship with your grandparents. See if they have any ideas as well.
You are a good person and are doing very well under the hardships that you face. Keep it up. In the long run you will be rewarded. Stay out of trouble. You quite obviously know the difference between right and wrong.
I had to join the others in wishing you well. Try to continue your education. You are right in severing your ties with your parents at this time. Perhaps things will change with them and they will grow up. They need help too.
Bless you and good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net