twitter




Saturday, October 24, 2009

What should I do now?

I have three children who are almost 3, 4 and 9. I have just gone through a custody battle with my ex so I could move out of state. He tried to get custody of them to stop me but the court found out he has not been paying support and skips visits often. They asked me (in a very demanding way) if I would consider settling if my ex paid his arrearages allowing me to stay in California. My attorney told me she would drop me if I pursued a trial (in other words). So I settled because I could not afford another retainer. I will have a lot of money for about 9 months but the court order states that I cant go back for two years unless something changes or my ex is late in support. I honesty dont know how I will make it on my income and the small amount of support he is ordered to pay. What would happen if I just cant make it? I want to move to Tennessee with my parents and so I can afford to provide for my kids. How can I go about doing this earlier than 2 years from now?
Answers:
So the court told you that you cant take the kids with you to Tennessee? If he defaults then what happens?
If you have no means of support in your state and can't leave for a place where you could get help I have to ask what you鈥檙e living on now? Have you consulted another attorney?
If he's already forgot about supporting his children he wouldn't have a problem doing it again in my opinion. You seem to be trapped. Have you met anyone else who you can turn to?
Have you children understood what he's done to them?
If you'll have a lot of money for 9 months is it for him to catch up? Will he still need to pay? You have to move on with your life where you are for now it seems so I suggest you make the best of it and try and find new love. You should at least get a friend you can confide in. It helps to talk it out with someone who knows you.
Everything you have said relates to your dependence on other people. You need to find a way to make your own way, whether it's school or using a talent that you already have. It's hard when you're a single parent, but there are a lot of resources available if you seek them out. I was a 28 year old high school drop out and single parent myself, but thanks to a lot of good programs and good people I got my 4 year degree and am now a homeowner and have a successful career. Be strong and believe in yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net