twitter




Saturday, October 31, 2009

What to do about the neighbors and their dogs?

I own several acres of land which I would love to go out walking in, but my neighbors insist on letting their dogs run loose 24/7. Every time I take just a few steps into my field, the neighbor鈥檚 dogs from up the road will come charging like they're going to attack. So far I haven't had them come all the way down on me, but I don't try to going any further into the field either. We鈥檝e called the neighbors before and asked them to put up their dogs, which they do for a couple hours, but then they're running free again. When we tell them we're afraid of the dogs, they smile and say, "Oh, don't worry, they don't bite." I suppose they think that barking and growling is their way of saying they want to be petted. Once my mom and I were standing on our back porch when one of their dogs walked through our yard, pooped in our yard, then looked at us and growled before going back home.
(More details will be posted in just a moment...)
Answers:
call the dog pound.. Like I did on my neighbors.. but ir your neighbors are like mine they are complete idoits so ya know.. good luck..
try calling animal control that happend to me one time
good luck though! :)
Here in Arkansas if they come at me on my land I shoot them, then drop the carcass on the neighbors doorstep. But except from out of staters, people here have the courtesy not to let that happen.
i dont really know what you can do next with a higher authority, but you can try putting a fence around your property
Tell your neighbor that you are going to file a law suit if he does not keep his dogs off your land. If he says his dogs are not on your property then state. "If your dogs are not on my land then you will have no objection to me putting poison meat out in the back." You won't see his dogs again.
make a fence ;)
I really sympathise with you as I have been having a similar problem with my next door neighbours and have asked the same question on here. I'm in the UK and we don't have dog wardens where I live and my neighbours are totally unapproachable. I've even gone as far as reporting it to the RSPCA but nobody is prepared to do anything and meantime my own dog is suffering as their dog keeps jumping over my fence and antagonising it. I think what you really need to do is to try and catch them and then call your dog warden or the police and say you have caught a stray on your property and then it should be up to them to deal with the owner. Good luck, I hope you have better luck resolving your problem than I have had with mine! (It is still ongoing after several months now!)
Get a shotgun, and when they come at you..fire over there heads, or in front of them
maybe the noise will keep them away. The owners may consider them selves lucky, that your a bad shot, so far and start locking them up. Not sure how traps would play out..its your property though..

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net